- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix togethe sour cream and lime juice; Seasson with salt and black pepper. Leave half of the mixture in another bowl for serving. Mince half of the jalapeno pepper; save other half for later. Toss green onions, cabbage, and the minced jalappeno half in the remaining sour cream and lime juice mixture until slaw is well mixed.
- Heat olive oil and the other jalappeno half in a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl the olive oil to coat skillet evenly. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Pan-fry fish strips in the skillet in 2 batches until fish is golden brown and easily flaked with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes. Discard the jalappeno half.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave on high until warm, 20 to 30 seconds. If you don’t have a microwave, wrap a stack of five or fewer tortillas in a packet of aluminum foil and put it in a pre-heated 180° oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through. You can do multiple packets of five tortillas each all at the same time.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas topped with cabbage slaw, reserved sour cream mixture, and cilantro.
Please follow and like us: