- 200g dried linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 salted anchovies, rinsed and boned, or 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 12 black olives, stones removed if you wish
- handful basil leaves
- sea salt
- Add 2 tablespoons salt to 2 litres of water and bring to the boil in a large saucepan. Add linguine and return to the boil quickly. Cook until the linguine is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook it over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Roughly chop the garlic and anchovies with the chilli flakes and add them to the tomatoes, set the heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, mashing the anchovies into a paste using a wooden spoon or fork.
- Stir in the olives and capers, cook for another minute. Meanwhile, quickly drain the linguine, then add it to the sauce and heat through.
- Serve the pasta puttanesca on plates and tear over the basil leaves before serving.
Please follow and like us: