- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add water and quinoa to a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the saucepan. Let it simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, bell pepper, cumin, salt, egg, and hot pepper sauce into the black beans using your hands.
- Form 5 patties from the black bean mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve as a burger or serve on a plate.
Please follow and like us: