- 1/2 x 400g tin small green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 bag mixed salad leaves (about 60g)
- 100g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, quartered
- 50g soft goats’ cheese, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the lentils in a saucepan and add a teaspoon of olive oil until it just warmed through. Add a splash of water if they start to stick. Remove from the heat and stir through the wholegrain mustard.
Serve the mixed leaves in a bowl. Top with the hot lentils, the quartered beetroot and the sliced goats’ cheese. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with toast.