- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons browning saucesalt to taste
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Combine ground beef, green pepper, onion, eggs, seassoned bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape the meat mixture into large meatballs. For the size, a meatball should fit in your hand. Place about 3 cm apart on a large, shallow baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. While the meatballs are baking, start working on the sauce.
- In a 33 cm diameter baking dish, mix the soup, mushrooms, milk, sour cream, browning sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
- When the meatballs have finished baking, remove them from the baking sheet and place them into the soup mixture. Stir in the meatballs to coat. Return to the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or remove it from the oven when the sauce begins to bubble.