- 1 litrepints chicken stock
- 500g frozen peas
- 10g fresh tarragon leaves
- pinch of salt
- 4 very thin slices pancetta (cut on the thinnest possible setting)
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan until it is simmering. Add the peas and simmer for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Stir in the tarragon and salt.
- After that, put the mixture to a food processor and blend for a few short blasts to a rough-textured soup. Return the soup to the saucepan and keep it warm over a low heat.
- Using a pair of tongs, heat each slice of pancetta over the gas flame of your hob for a few seconds until it crisps up. Alternatively, if you don’t have a gas ignition, preheat your grill to its highest setting, lay the slices of pancetta onto a baking tray and grill for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls. Break the crisp pancetta into pieces and sprinkle on top of the soup.
Please follow and like us: